Saturday 11 February 2012

Sky Arts Sting, Ideas and Damien Hirst

I listened to the tracks and I then watched the previous winners, found here: http://projects.skycreative.tv/skyartsstings/video.php

They were pretty cool and I quickly realised that they were mostly filmed and only one was fully cgi. I've come to the conclusion that some actual footage might get me a better result. I've been playing around with a concept, more a question really 'What is Art?' some of the more modernists out there cause a lot of controversy as to whether their sculpture is art or a pile of old chairs. I wanted my sting to reflect that question.

I was inspired by Damien Hirst's cow and steer 'sculptures'.


My idea is to recreate this and have a camera track around the cow and on the otherside it is no longer a cow but the word Arts chopped into pieces. below is a previs shot I put together very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment