Sunday 4 March 2012

Problems rendering fur in maya

So, Ive been having real problems with the fur just when I thought I had mastered it, if I change angle or dolly out or put the glass back into the scene the render time hits 9 minutes and the fur is gone or is patchy, I've attached an image to show you. The lighting is really nice now but this is becoming a nightmare to work on, ipr causes crashes so I have to keep rendering low resolution tests and each of those 320x240 images is still taking 5 minutes to render. A lot of time wasted waiting to check stuff. If only I had upgraded my ram before starting this thing.

Just when I thought I had mastered the fur! spent all night last night and all morning looking for a solution, think I may have found it heres the link. I'm following that tutorial now wish my luck.   http://kiryha.blogspot.com/2010/06/rendering-fur-with-mental-ray.html

No comments:

Post a Comment